Tulare County Counsel

How To's

How to File a Claim

The process of collecting damages from the County is started by filing a claim on the County's specific claim form with the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, located at the County Administration Building at 2800 West Burrel Avenue, Visalia, CA, 559-636-5000.

Instructions and forms for filing a claim can be obtained from that office, as well.

The law regarding claims against public entities is complex and has short deadlines. You may need to seek the services of an attorney for your own protection. You should present your claim without delay.

For additional information, please reference Government Code Section 910.